Why I am in love with Chitra DivakaruniPosted: January 8, 2012
– …Promises may be fulfilled, yes, but not always in the way we imagine…
– So little. And yet, for my starved heart, so much.
– That’s how it is sometimes when we plunge into the depths of our lives. No one can accompany us, not even those who would give up their hearts for our happiness.
– O, my Anju, you who have never learned to bend with the wind, what will happen if you marry the wrong kind of man?
– Love happens and so do miracles.
– This is how love makes cowards of us.
– The house of marriage has many locked rooms.
– Love’s grand passion was snatched from me, yes, but perhaps there could still be quiet affections in my life.
– You must make your own happiness … You must be wise enough to recognize it when it comes. And if it doesn’t come in spite of all your efforts, you must do something about that as well.
– But silence has its own insidious power.
– Live for yourself this one time, my heart sings.
– Because a child is yours in a way even the most solicitous lover can never be.
– It’s love that makes a relationship, as much as blood.
And this is from one book only. Yes, I love Chitra Divakaruni.